The week was good!
We have an "investigator" that we teach EVERYDAY in Vietnamese! The first day we taught him was Friday and we barely knew what we were doing. We still can't really speak the language, but I think you can tell that my English is already suffering a little!
The amazing thing is that in the first lesson I was still able to go off script and try to answer his questions! It's very hard to understand him, even though he talks slowly and mimes stuff sometimes, but we're getting better and trying really hard to understand him.
The MTC choir was amazing! We're singing Joseph Smith's First Prayer and it's beautiful! We're trying to sing it like we're telling the story to an investigator for the first time. My favorite part is when Heavenly Father speaks and we slow down a lot and focus on the words and how it must have sounded when He said it.
Vietnamese lesson: all words are one syllable, no matter how many vowels there are. A u with a little tail on it makes a sound like ooo, but then you close your teeth on it and make it into a bit of an uh sound. It'll sound really weird, but that's how it sounds!
Also, I will get a Vietnamese name before I leave the MTC!!! I'm so excited!

No comments:
Post a Comment